SUPPORT US ON PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/guillaumeerard
Click on “CC” for subtitles
Aikido documentary and interview with Christian Tissier Shihan, 7th Dan Aikikai filmed in his dojo of Vincennes in Paris, June 2015.
— SUMMARY —
0:00 – Credits
0:46 – When did you start Aikido?
2:34 – Which teachers did you follow?
3:23 – How did the Hombu teachers deal with you when you arrived?
4:56 – Who were the teachers at Hombu at the time?
5:30 – Wasn’t it hard to keep up with all these different teachers at the same time?
8:06 – Did you already master these basics when you arrived?
9:11 – Is it because Europeans were only interested in street applications?
14:24 – Are the techniques only tools for mastering the principles?
18:23 – Can you tell us about your practice at arms?
22:46 – What is the connection between a koryu like Kashima Shin-ryu and a modern budo like Aikido?
27:17 – Do you feel obligated or legitimate to make changes to what you have learned?
30:05 – You take part in the large demonstrations in Bercy so as not to lead the empty chair policy, is it the same for the Combat Games?
32:30 – We see you everywhere and you are an excellent communicator. When did you decide on such a career plan?
33:32 – If you could go back in time, would you change anything?
34:29 – You were talking earlier about your knee injury. Did it change your aikido?
37:18 – When you look at your students today, do they reflect what you hoped to convey?
38:23 – What do you expect from your close students?
— CREDITS —
Written and directed by Guillaume Erard http://www.guillaumeerard.com
– Dutch: Kevin Reuter
– Korean: Sung Juhwan (http://www.aikidokr.net/)
– Portuguese (Br): Felipe Alberto
– Vietnamese: Pham Duc Minh
– Intro music by Guillaume Erard (available on iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mindscapes/id420708853)
– Stay With Me by Mendum http://youtube.com/mendumofficial
– Sapphire by Tobu http://www.youtube.com/tobuofficial
– Outro music by Guillaume Erard (available on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mindscapes/id420708853)
– Yamaguchi Seigo – Seminar in Paris by AikidoJournal http://store.aikidojournal.com/seigo-yamaguchi-a-seminar-in-paris-1987-part-1-hi-res-download/
– Ueshiba Kisshomaru – Living With Nature Aikido (DVD) http://www.aikikai.or.jp/eng/publication/video/aiki_e_dvd/aiki_e_dvd.htm
– Inaba Minoru Shihan – Kashima Shin Ryu Kenjutsu
– Kanazawa Takeshi Shihan – 11th IAF International Aikido Seminar http://www.aikikai.or.jp/eng/publication/video/kokusai2012/2012.html
– Tanaka Shigeho Shihan, 9th Dan Aikido Shiseikan Budojo Meiyokancho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI4G0-a-8xk
– IAF Combat Games pictures kindly provided by Kei Izawa.
— EQUIPMENT I AM USING —
Panasonic Lumix GH5 (https://amzn.to/3kMF2CM)
Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. (https://amzn.to/3ouf0qx)
Metabones Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds T Speed Booster XL 0.64x (https://amzn.to/3mw5sJQ)
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Lens (https://amzn.to/34zwEBe)
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens (https://amzn.to/37HyiTg)
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens (https://amzn.to/3owPelp)
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SP Di VC USD Lens (https://amzn.to/2HK4XwE)
3 Axis Handheld Camera Gimbal | ZHIYUN Crane PLUS (https://amzn.to/3oufgWx)
Glidecam XR-1000 Handheld Camera Stabilizer (https://amzn.to/2Tv7oWn)
GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition (https://amzn.to/37LM1Za)
Rode VideoMic Pro Compact VMP (https://amzn.to/2HvUy83)
Zoom H1 Ultra-Portable Digital Audio Recorder (https://amzn.to/3jAJMdi)
Rode Lavalier Lapel Omni-Directional Condenser Microphone (https://amzn.to/2TwaUjq)
#aikidointerview #christiantissier #aikidoaikikai